Mermaid Chocolate Bombs—A Fun Sleepover Treat
These mermaid hot chocolate bombs are perfect for slumber parties, mermaid birthday parties, or just as a fun mermaid treat any day!
I love these mermaid hot chocolate bombs because they are just colorful and so much fun. They are very easy to make and would be a cool activity for tweens or teens to make during the party before enjoying.
These are also great for a fun breakfast meal with the kids. They go so well with the Mickey ear cinnamon rolls!
If you’re going for a Disney party, you can pair these mermaid chocolate bombs with princess cupcakes and you are good to go. These chocolate bombs would even work for a Frozen party or princess party!
Mermaid Hot Cocoa Bombs
Cute, easy to make, and super fun to drink, these mermaid chocolate bombs are delicious. They work well for birthday parties, breakfast, or as a fun treat for those cold days.
- 12oz Bag White Candy Melts (chocolate can be used instead)
- 1 Tbsp Hot Chocolate Per Bomb
- Mini Marshmallows
- White icing
- Mermaid Sprinkles (Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s)
- 6 Sphere Silicone Mold
Just like for our Easter bombs and other marshmallow chocolate bombs, we used a mold from Amazon.
How to make the mermaid hot chocolate bombs:
- Pour the candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until the melts have fully melted.
- Spread the candy melts up the sides of the mold until every bit of the mold is covered.
- Let the molds sit for about 5 minutes & re-spread any of the candy melts that sank to the bottom of the molds.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes. You can also place them in the freezer so they take about half of the time.
- Once the molds are set, carefully remove the candy melt spheres from the mold.
- Fill half of the spheres with the hot cocoa powder, sprinkles & marshmallows.
- Place a glass plate in the microwave for one minute.
- Remove the plate and immediately place each chocolate sphere on the hot place to heat the edges.
- Place each heated sphere on each filled sphere. You can use the tip of your finger to smooth the melted candy around the seam.
- Take the icing and draw lines back and forth on the top of your sphere.
- Place the mermaid sprinkles on the hot chocolate bomb using the icing as glue.
Other Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Easter Hot Chocolate Bombs
- A roundup of the best hot chocolate bombs
- List of chocolate bombs with marshmallows
Want more ideas like this? Check out these other favorite treats: