These fun heart bookmark popsicle stick reading wands for kids also double as a fun craft.
The wands are really easy to make and inexpensive. We used Dollar Tree items to make them so you can make these for just a few bucks.
They will make a great craft for Valentine’s Day during school parties. You can also use them as a fun homeschool project.
Dollar Tree Heart Reading Wands
- Craft sticks (don’t buy the thin ones, these are a bit thicker)
- Dollar Tree Felt Heart Stickers (or any felt sticker is fine)
- Waverly White Chalk Paint (kid-friendly as it is non-toxic)
- Paint Brush
- Adhesive Gemstones (if you can’t find these at your local Dollar Tree, Walmart also has them)
How to put together the Heart Bookmark Popsicle Stick Wands
Start by painting a few of the wands with the chalk paint (you can use any color you have I just liked the white to make it stand out when a child is reading a book)
Add the felt heart sticker to the top.
Add the adhesive gemstone stickers and you are all done.
Get creative with your colors!
- For gems: use any color you’d like. Mix them and match them to create something unique.
- Felt hearts: again, you can use any color.
- Use other felt shapes to change it up for the holidays or special occasions.
- Popsicle sticks: we used white but you can use any color. You can also use multiple colors to create patterns and other fun designs.
More homeschool activities and printables:
More Valentine’s Day Crafts & Activities:
- XOXO Valentine’s Day box
- Valentine’s Day Heart Candy Holders
- Striped Valentine’s Day box
- Valentine’s Day Bingo
- Valentine’s Day I Spy
- Grand Slam Valentine’s Day Cards
Fun Valentine’s Day Books for Kids