If you’re looking to find out more about someone, there are few better ways than asking them a bunch of questions. It’s easy to do and can be done anywhere!
Find a few to ask at a 50th Birthday Party, or use these questions to create a trivia party game ahead of time for the guests who are attending!
If you need help figuring out birthday wishes for someone, we’ve covered that in this post on what to write in a birthday card!
Asking people questions is an art form that has been practiced for centuries. The most common way this is used today is in interviews where the interviewer will ask a series of prepared or spontaneous questions with the intention of drawing information from their subject.
We’ve got our own set of 50th birthday interview questions to find out more about the person you are celebrating. With these fifty questions you should be able to learn something new about anyone on their 50th birthday – even yourself!
This post may contain affiliate links. As a member of Amazon Associates and other affiliate programs, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Questions to Ask Someone on their 50th Birthday
- How do you feel about turning 50 years old and what does it mean to you
- What is your favorite memory from the last 50 years?
- What is the best advice that someone has given to you over the past 50 years?
- What was life like before social media, cellphones, and computers became popularized in everyday life (for example before 2000) ? Did people communicate differently or interact with each other differently?
- How do you feel about turning 50 years old and what does it mean to you?
- What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve had?
- Which teacher from your childhood do you most appreciate?
- What did you get into trouble for the most when you were young?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- What are you most proud of?
- When did you start to feel like an adult?
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life?
- What would be your dream vacation destination?
- What was your first car?
- How many countries have you visited?
- If you could own any pet, what would it be?
- What are your hopes for the future?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Who is your favorite musician/band?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What profession would you like to try at some point?
- What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- What are your favorite and least favorite foods?
- How do you relax and destress?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
- What would be your dream home like?
- Do you prefer traveling or staying at home?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Do you have any siblings? If so, what is the most interesting thing about them?
- If you could speak any other language fluently, what would it be?
- Do you like to plan or do you prefer to go with the flow?
- Are there any unsolved mysteries that interest you?
- What club/sport did you do when you were at school?
- What is the most interesting fact about you that not many people know?
- Do you have any collections? If so, what kind of things are in them?
- When was the last time you read a book for pleasure and what was it about?
- What is your favorite board game and why?
- Do you have any phobias? If so, what are they?
- Who is your role model/s? Why?
- Is there anything from your teenage years that you regret or cringe at now?
- What would be your dream job if money was no object?
- What are your thoughts on current world events?
- Do you have any allergies? What are they?
- How do you usually spend your weekends?
- What is the most interesting place you have been to and why?
- What has been your best purchase over the last year (or longer)?
- Is there anything that you would like to learn in the next year?
- What is your favorite style of clothing?
- Do you prefer traveling or staying at home when you go on holidays?
- What are some foods that you don’t like?
- Do any of your family members have any interesting talents?
- What do you think is the meaning and purpose of life?
- What are your thoughts on relationships/marriage?
- Do you believe in God/a higher power? If so, tell me about it.
- If you could have any celebrity as a friend, who would it be and why?
- What are some of your favorite quotes?
Whether you’re turning 50 this year or your friend’s birthday is coming up, these are some interesting questions to ask someone on their 50th birthday.
Regardless of the person being asked, there should be at least one question that will make them think and open up about themselves in a new way! Over time it can also offer insights into how they see life now.
These fifty questions for someone’s 50th birthday might seem like too many if asked all at once, but use them to start up a conversation or to create a birthday trivia game for their 50th birthday party!
If it happens to be your son’s birthday, be sure to check out these special birthday prayers for son from Mom and Dad as well!
More Adult Party Ideas: