It’s time to start thinking about Halloween party invitation wording to get everyone excited for your big Halloween event and we have some great examples of wording for Halloween invites to help find the perfect text!
If you are planning a spooky Halloween bash, then this post is a great place to start!
Invitations are a great way to share your party plans with all of your friends and family members. You can find a ton of premade invitations here that you can choose from and change up the text, or make your own!
It is important that you find the right words for your party invitation. It should reflect the tone of the event – will it be creepy? Will it be whimsical? Let’s explore some possible phrases you can use on your invitations!
This post may contain affiliate links. As a member of Amazon Associates and other affiliate programs, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Be sure to also check out our guide to Thanksgiving Invitations Wording as well!
Table of Contents
- 1 Things to think about when choosing wording for Halloween Party Invitations
- 1.1 1. Pick a invitation that matches the theme of your party
- 1.2 2. Create a magnetic first impression for your party invitation wording
- 1.3 3. Include all of the important details on the invitation.
- 1.4 4. Keep your party invitation text short and snappy – don’t get too wordy
- 1.5 5. Make sure your text is appropriate for all audiences attending the party
- 1.6 6. Make the Halloween invite interesting by adding an element of surprise, mystery or even terror!
- 2 Halloween Party Invitation Wording Examples
- 3 More phrases to use in a halloween party invitation
- 4 Unique Halloween Party Theme Invites & Wording Samples
- 5 Halloween Party Invitation Poems
- 6 Tips for Hosting Halloween Parties
Things to think about when choosing wording for Halloween Party Invitations
The wording on your invitations is the first thing people will notice before they choose whether or not to attend your Halloween party, and you want to make sure the wording is enticing. Be careful with the words that you use, for example, do not use “ghoulish” as it sounds slightly too scary.
1. Pick a invitation that matches the theme of your party
While it might be tempting to send out a simple text message to let people know that you’re throwing a Halloween bash, nothing beats an invitation with some idea of what the party will be like.
The first thing to do is to decide what kind of party you want. Do you want a campfire party, a Halloween-themed dinner party, or a costume ball?
Dark colors and creepy font give off an eerie vibe, which can match the theme of a Halloween party perfectly. They can be dramatic and gory, or even simple and fun with cute Halloween clipart which can create a child-friendly spooky vibe.
If you are hosting a haunted or scary Halloween party at your house, it is important that you include some scary details in the invitation. This will make sure that people know what they are signing up for and will make them more excited to attend.
2. Create a magnetic first impression for your party invitation wording
Below are some tips on how to create an impressive and memorable party invitation wording:
– Put yourself in the guest’s shoes: you want them to be intrigued by what they read. Think about how you want people to feel when reading your party invitation wording, for example excited or curious
– It is not necessary to include all details in the initial invite
– Keep it short and sweet but make it descriptive enough so that people know what they’re going to be getting into
– Make sure there are no spelling errors
3. Include all of the important details on the invitation.
You should also announce the time and date of the party and where it will be located. You can also give guests more information about parking and directions.
4. Keep your party invitation text short and snappy – don’t get too wordy
It is important for your party invitation to be clear and concise. You want to make sure that your guests are able to respond quickly and show up without any confusion.
When creating a party invitation, it is essential that you keep the text short, snappy, and clear. You want to make it as easy as possible for guests to respond and show up at the party.
The text of a party invitation should not be too wordy or complicated. If you get wordy or complicated with your text, some of your guests might get confused about where the event will take place or when they need to show up.
5. Make sure your text is appropriate for all audiences attending the party
For a text to be appropriate for all audiences at a party, it must be pleasant and not sound too formal. For more casual adults-only Halloween party, for example, if the choice of word is “cocktails”, you can use “drinks” instead to have a more laid-back feel to the overall party and invite.
The text should also avoid sounding like it is an announcement speech. It should focus on using words that are casual and conversational in order to appeal more to the audience.
6. Make the Halloween invite interesting by adding an element of surprise, mystery or even terror!
There are lot of ways to add interest to an invitation.
One way is to send the invite with an attached gift or include Halloween themed confetti in the envelope.
Another way is to use a creepy font in order to create some more suspenseful feelings for the people receiving the invite.
Halloween Party Invitation Wording Examples
Halloween is a great time to gather with friends and family in order to have an unexpected night of fun. We’ve got some great Halloween party invitation wording examples below that can help get your creative juices flowing!
Below are some examples of Halloween Party invitation wording that can help you get started with your own party invitation—use these as inspiration for your own spooky invitations!
Sample Text for Halloween Party Invites
Halloween themed opening text for invites:
- “It’s such a scary world these days, so let’s have a party!”
- “I think it’s about time we have our annual Halloween party!”
- “This October is going to be the scariest October ever! So let’s have a party before it all gets too paranormal.”
- “We’re celebrating Halloween in style this year! Please join us on Saturday night for our annual Halloween Party.”
- “Come celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year with us!”
- Join us for a spooktacular halloween party
- Join us for a spooky Halloween party.
- Dress up in your scariest halloween costume and come party with your friends.
- Don’t miss this spooktacular Halloween party.
- Party time! Join us for a spooky Halloween party and dress up in your scariest halloween costume.
- Don’t miss out on this spooktacular Halloween party.
- We are excited to have you at our Halloween Party. Come dressed in your favorite costume.
More phrases to use in a halloween party invitation
As we get ready to celebrate All Hallows’ Eve, it can be tough to come up with fresh, new ideas for invitations. Luckily, we’ve got a few more phrases that will set your invitation apart and get your guests in the mood for a night of trick-or-treats and ghost stories.
Adults only halloween wording for invitation
Happy Halloween! Come celebrate with us at our adults only Halloween party on October 31st!
City, State ZIP
P.S. Be sure to dress up—you won’t want to miss out on the costumes prizes!
Friday, October 31st
The Carlow House
This is a private party for adults only. Please do not bring children with you.
You’re invited to an Adults-Only Halloween Party on Saturday, October 31, 2007 from 7:00 pm until Midnight. Costumes are encouraged. Please RSVP to XX by October 25th if able to attend.
This Saturday night we are having a Totally Terrifying Party!
You are spookily invited to this Halloween event where we will have a live band, hauntingly awesome decorations, and a lot of candy!
Please come dressed in your scariest costume and enjoy the night with us!
This party is not for the faint of heart!
There’s nothing so frightening as a Scary Costume Contest at our event!
Simple Wording for Halloween Invitations
You’re invited to our Halloween party
Saturday, October 30th
1234 Elm Street, Any Town, United States
It’s that time of year again!
You are invited to
A Halloween Party
October 27th, 2015
Saturday, October 27
7pm to 9pm
Who: All who dare to walk the haunted path
Where: The Haunt
What: A night of ghouls, ghosts and goblins for the bravest of souls. Please join us for a Halloween celebration you will never forget!
Cost: Free admission
friday, october 25th
come to our halloween bash! wear a costume or just come in your spookiest attire. we’ll have a haunted house, spooky games, and tasty treats.
Kids halloween party invitation wording
Come to our Halloween Party at the ____ on _______ at _____pm
We’ll be handing out __________ and playing games.
Costumes are encouraged, but not required.
Don’t forget to bring your Trick-or-treat bucket with you! We will be trick or treating around the neighborhood during the party as well.
Join us as we carve a pumpkin, play games and have a feast of fun.
Please join us at our Halloween party on
The date of the party is:
Time of the party is:
Please come in your favorite costume and bring a dish to share.
We’re so excited to celebrate with youat our Kids Halloween Party!
The theme for this costume party is Superheroes & Villains, pick your favorite from either to dress up as!
The party will take place on Saturday, October 26thfrom 6:00-8:00 p.m.
RSVP by October 17th
The Kids Halloween Party Committee
You are invited to the
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
The more the better! No RSVP Required
Letter to Parents about Halloween Party
It is that time of year again!
Halloween is just around the corner and we want your children to know that it’s time to get ready for the most spooktacular day of the year!
We will be having a fun day full of games, activities, and of course, trick or treating. We hope that you can join us for our party this year!
Please RSVP with how many kids/adults from your family will be attending!
Email Invite Wording for Halloween Party
Casual email to invite someone to go to a party with you:
Do you have plans for Halloween? A friend of mine is hosting a party on Oct 31st at 8pm in (town/at bar or restuarant name). There will be snacks, drinks, games and prizes—I’d love for you to join me!
Let me know what you think! – Joe
Email Party Invitation Text
SUBJECT: HALLOWEEN PARTY!
Please join us for an evening of ghoulish fun and frightening festivities.
The party will be held at _________ on _________ from _____ to _____.
We’ll have _____, _____, _____, _____, and _____-____.
The dress is casual and costumes are encouraged!
Come on over and have a yummy time!
Unique Halloween Party Theme Invites & Wording Samples
Using clever wordplay and a little creativity, you can invite guests with a fun Halloween invitation and let them know what kind of party to expect at the same time. If having a Halloween costume party, let them know if there is a certain them, such as 80s characters, or if there will be prizes for scariest costumes to help guests decide what to dress as if choosing between something like a rock star, black cats, or creepy creatures of fright.
If the night will be full of ghoulish fright and freaks of the night, then consider using spooky poems and warnings of the harrowing fright they will encounter at the party (which is great for families to know whether or not their kids are old enough to attend). Or if it will be a fun, kid-friendly event, you can use specific language to make sure everyone knows what to expect.
Halloween Party Invitation Poems
Halloween is a fun time to celebrate with friends and family. Make sure your Halloween party is extra special by sending out invitations with a spooky, funny, or creative poem.
Here are some examples of Halloween poems that you can use on your invitations:
-“Come one, come all to my halloween party! There will be ghosts and goblins galore. So put on your costumes and come prepared, for a night of fun you won’t want to miss!”
-“Trick or treat, smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. If you don’t, I don’t care. I’ll just take your candy anyway!”
-“I’m having a Halloween party and you’re invited! There will be games, prizes, and of course, candy. So mark the date in your calendar and come prepared to have a spooktacular time!”
Halloween Invitation Haikus
Come one, come all
To our Halloween Party
A night of Spooky Fun
Join us for a fright
On October 31st
All the treats, and no tricks
Come in your best costume
For a party that’s spine-tingling
And lots of ghoulish fun
Trick or treat?
Either way you’re in for a treat
Join us for spooktacular night
It’s time to get your spook on so put on your costume for some scary fun!
Ghouls and goblins, witches and warlocks
Join us for night of frights and fun
It’s a creepy time for sure!
If you’re looking for some Halloween fun
then look no further, our party’s the one
Come join us for a ghoulishly good time!
If you need more scary sounding words for your invitations, then check out this list of scary synonyms from Merriam-Webster.
Halloween Birthday Invitations Wording Samples
Having a birthday around the end of October is the perfect excuse for a spooky bash! Try some of these halloween inspired birthday greetings on your invites:
- It’s that time of year again when the ghosts come out to play-And what better way to celebrate than with a Halloween birthday!
- Come celebrate James turning six with a SPOOKTACULAR birthday party! There will be games, prizes, a costume contest, and of course CAKE! So mark your calendars and get ready for a spooky good time!
- Join the Smith family for a faBOOlous time in honor of Bella’s 2nd Birthday on October 29th!
- Happy BOOday to Luke! Grab your favorite non-scary costume and let’s party!
Tips for Hosting Halloween Parties
Having a great theme, good food and costume contests are staples of a great Halloween party. Here are some other tips for a successful event in the scaring season:
- Make your own invitations or find creative ones online to make them quick and easy! Be sure to send them out early with all the important information to your guest list so they can start planning their outfits.
- Decorate your house or backyard as a haunted mansion for in-party entertainment and cool decor.
- Host a scariest food concoction contest and ask guests to bring some witches brew or other tasty snacks in potluck style.
- Have a playlist running all night with fun Halloween songs like the monster mash dance or go extra creepy with screeching sounds of bats and screams.
- Hand out prizes for the most creative costumes.
- Add an element of the unexpected to the party like hosting an annual pumpkin smash, decorating pumpkins or festive-shaped cookies.
- Plan a handful of fun Halloween Party Games that everyone will enjoy.
- If you are having teens over, check out these Halloween Ideas for Teenagers.
Feel free to use one of these poems or come up with your own. Just make sure your invitation gives your guests all the information they need to know about your party. And most importantly, have fun!